More Than A Widow. God gave me this dream during a Jon Acuff conference in the fall of 2013. Three years later, this is one the reasons I say thank you to God every day.
Some have asked me if More Than A Widow is blessing and encouraging me. In a word: YES!
I thank God for each person he has connected me with through Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, blog, website, email, messages, and meetups. My goal is to encourage others and encourage others to encourage others as we travel this road together! I’m committed to using the internet and social media for good and to inspire others to do the same.
One way I do this is setting aside each Thursday as “Thank You Thursday” on social media. As I look back over 2016, here are some of the thank yous that fans and followers have shared.
We are thankful for:
- How God is taking the fractured pieces of my life and making them into a reflection of his love.
- New bravery. Took myself to the show. Stayed out after dark!
- My son, my brother, my Pastor and the many friends from church that support me through this new thing life called widowhood.
- Good men in my family who are sound with well-balanced wisdom.
- Laura and the special way you led her to encourage hearts like mine❣
- The people God has blessed me with as family and friends.
- My Jesus. All that he was, is, will be. All that he has done, is doing, will do for me.
- Seeing His Hand more and more.
- Yoga and running.
- God’s comfort, Word, and love.
- The Lord’s protection.
- All who are willing to fly with me on this adventure of being more than a widow. We're in this together.
- Time with my dad. Drinking coffee together in the morning and laughing is one of the best parts of my day.
- Healing of stress fractures in my foot.
- And so much more!
“Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done. Sing to him; yes, sing his praises. Tell everyone about his wonderful deeds” (Psalm 105:1-2).
I'm committed to keeping More Than A Widow going! And I'm so thankful for all who encourage, support, pray for, listen to, cheer for, brainstorm with me on this journey.